Sunday, January 19, 2014

THE FRITO BANDITO - RETIRED FROM TAKING FRITOS IN 1971


See/Hear the Song HERE


The Frito Bandito was the cartoon mascot for Fritos corn chips from 1967 to 1971. 

The Frito Bandito campaign included a song sung to the tune of the well-known traditional Mexican song "Cielito Lindo":

Ay, ay, ay, ay! oh, I am dee Frito Bandito. I like Frito's Corn Chips. I love them, I do. I want Frito's corn chips. I'll take them, from you.
Later ads used an alternate verse:

Ay, ay, ay, ay, oh, I am the Frito Bandito. Give me Frito Corn chips and I'll be your friend. The Frito Bandito you must not offend.


The character was voiced by Mel Blanc, who used an exaggerated Mexican accent not unlike another character of his, Speedy Gonzales. 

The Frito Bandito spoke broken English and robbed people of their Frito corn chips, a reference to the “Mexican bandit” stereotype in western movies. 

He also complained that he was being pursued by the “Frito Bureau of Investigation.”  (wikipedia.com)

Original Fritos - still available & still the best Corn Chip out there:

Munch, munch, munch a bunch of Fritos Corn Chips!

 

CLICK A PHOTO BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ON YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR OF FRITOS: 


No comments:

Post a Comment