Wednesday, January 8, 2014

PILLSBURY FIGURINES DIET BAR OF THE 1970's


Pillsbury Figurines Diet Bars  had two thin, crispy wafers layered with a delicious filling and outer coating.

TV commercials featured actress Carla Borelli with a sing-along song, 'My shape belongs to Figurines'.

The ad above reads: "Don't skip nutrition. Skip with Figurines."  They claimed that:

"Two Figurines diet bars provide the protein, vitamins and minerals of a sensible meal - without the meal."

Figurines had a 'tag-line' in their ad jingle that was sung to the tune of Tangerine -

"Figurines help keep you as you are...with a calorie rate of 138 a bar - my shape belongs to Figurines!"


The original Figurines Diet Bars are long gone, but there are still some tasty Light, Crispy Diet Bars to try out. 

See a few below in flavors like Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon & Mocha, with options such as High Protein & Gluten-Free.

 

THE BARS PICTURED BELOW ARE HEALTHIER SNACK BARS THAT ARE GLUTEN FREE, LOW SUGAR AND THAT HAVE THE SAME LIGHT CRISPY WAFER OR CRISPS WITH A FROSTING COATING. CLICK A PHOTO TO SEE MORE DETAILS: 


10 comments:

  1. I sure do remember those FIGURINE diet bars from the late 70's. They were delicious and tasted nothing like a diet product. They came in decadent flavors like Double-Chocolate, Chocolate-Mint and Strawberry-Yogurt. They were crunchy like a wafer and creamy on the inside with a filling. Two came in a foil pouch ,made by Pillsbury, in a box that contained maybe 8 of those pouches. I also remember the whole box cost .89 cents. I do not remember the calorie or fat content and did not care. I was in my 20's, slender and had a real sweet-tooth back then. Absolutely loved them for breakfast back in the day, circa 1977-79 ,and my dad loved them too with a cup of tea !....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great comment! I really miss these. You're right, all that mattered to our family back then was how things tasted - the sweeter the better. I really miss being able to eat all that sugar and get by with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember sneaking these and my mom getting mad because I would eat them. They tasted so good. She always bought the vanilla flavor. Good memories. Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these,.wish.they would bring her them back, I was always on a diet when I was younger. I used.to put mine in the freezer.....so GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love, love, love these!!!! I wish they would bring these back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were awesome!! Why is everything good always discontinued??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had them before, I wish they make them again. I regret not buying them. I would like to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Power crunch energy bars taste very close to the Figurines that my mother bought in the 70’s and 80’s. As I’m typing this, I just polished off two of the French Vanilla Creme Bars. They also have a Chocolate mint bar that is delicious. If you can catch them on sale at Puritan’s Pride, you can sometimes get 40 percent off 12 bars. They have other flavors also, but these are my top two favorites. They sell these at Walmart and other places, but I have been very happy with the relatively fast shipping from Puritan Pride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So who was the actress in most of the Figurines commercials?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So who was the actress in most of the Figurines commercials?

    ReplyDelete