Monday, January 9, 2023

WICHITA LINEMAN POPULAR SONG IN THE EARLY 1970'S RELEASED OCTOBER 1968

 WICHITA LINEMAN


 

"Wichita Lineman" is a song written by American songwriter Jimmy Webb in 1968 and first recorded by American country music artist Glen Campbell ...

One of the all-time most beautiful songs along with Jim Croce's 'Time in a Bottle', and Gordon Lightfoot's 'If You Could Read My Mind'.

Lyrics
 
I am a lineman for the county
And I drive the main roadSearchin' in the sun for another overload
 
I hear you singing in the wireI can hear you through the whineAnd the Wichita linemanIs still on the line
 
I know I need a small vacationBut it don't look like rainAnd if it snows that stretch down southWon't ever stand the strain
 
And I need you more than want youAnd I want you for all timeAnd the Wichita lineman
Is still on the line
 
And I need you more than want youAnd I want you for all timeAnd the Wichita linemanIs still on the line
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment